Monday, June 15, 2009

once more into the fray

well, another month has gone by with no blogging. i don't know that i have anything worth sharing...just an ordinary life. for all that, i can't go a day without checking in on facebook....

my son dylan got married last week to a wonderful girl from a wonderful family in charleston, sc. what a beautiful weekend we had there! and may i just say, i would be happy to live there! i wonder if the Lord will ever see fit to move us closer to our children and grands. it's certainly my heart's desire but i am content to be used of Him here while He would have it that way. sort of burger king theology...."have it your way. have it your way."

and now summer is here. i would like to stay on the beach (see last post) but already i feel myself pulled in several directions. i WILL read this summer. my short list: the abolition of man and that hideous strength by cs lewis, tears of the giraffe and morality for beautiful girls by alexander mc call smith, one of those murder mysteries by patterson from the series with numbers...i think it's the seventh one, and spurgeon's bio. and, of course, the perfect place to read is on the beach. i also need to totally revamp my history curriculum...it just needs help! too much social studies and not enough history.

and my question for the day is: what is the best candy? my answer is milk duds but my nephew says malted milk balls. my neice says reeses-no question. what say you?

4 comments:

Jason Poquette said...

For me its a toss up between jelly beans and junior mints. Oh, and those mini candy bars. I love candy corn. mmmmm. Peppermint patties! Yeah! I like Mounds bars, but I could eat like 6 of them. Thats bad. 3 muskateers bars are awesome...but they seemed much bigger when I was younger. What happened? Okay. I'm done. I think all your kids and grands need to move to MA now!!! :)

M.K. said...

You think you have nothing to say??? Just LOOK at that post: 1) a son's wonderful wedding, 2)Charleston, for goodness sake! What a great city. We loved it too, the water, the old houses, the great restaurants, 3) a fab book list for the summer, 4) a brief allusion to the dearth of good, solid content in modern educational curriculum. Boy, we could talk about that for a few months, huh? 5) favorite candy.

#5 is the most important,of course. Jason mentioned Mounds, and I must say the offer taste satisfaction that few can parallel. Sweets taste less and less satisfying to me as i age, but chocolate never loses its appeal. BTW, Julia says you're still the best teacher ever. She still talks about her 1st grade year.

Kaedra said...

1)No can do, Jason. Sorry :)
2)I agree that you are the best teacher ever, and I'm sure I would have liked 1st grade with you better than 9th...but oh well. ;)
3)My favorite sweet is mini Twix bars. Because that's affordable on a regular basis. But if I was living luxuriously, I would have Godiva truffles in stock ALL the time. :)

Scooter said...

hmmm, your reading list is so much more ambitious than mine for the summer *sigh* ... I'll be lucky to get a few done before school starts again in the fall.

hmmm, candy? I have a love/hate relationship with sweet-tarts and smarties, but the best chocolate is heberts anything.